Saint Just - La Casa del Lago  CD (album) cover

Saint Just

Prog Folk

1 stars I had heard so much in favour of this album that hearing it was a complete surprise. It is a cacophonous racket from start to finish. It is as though the band had learnt of the concept of polyphony and having done so decided to overlay as many themes as possible, unfortunately none of them blending! It would also seem that the female vocalist loved the sound of her own voice - which is more than I did! She wails her way through the entire album. The phrase nowadays is "less is more" - pity she had never heard of that! A shame, therefore, as I have only recently become a convert to Italian prog and most of what I have discovered has been of a high quality.
| 1/5 |