U Totem - U Totem  CD (album) cover

U Totem

4 stars This album was my introduction to the US side of RIO. I am now a monster fan of other bands in this circle like Thinking Plague and Motor Totemist Guild. This album in particular was just different for some reason. I have not heard it in several months but I can say the ideas are very fresh even now. The synthetic approach with the modern day keyboards does not slow down the quality and drive of this music. Solid drumming from Dave Kerman AS USUAL. Kerman is the man when it comes to drums in RIO. Chris Cutler is the Sifu and Dave Kerman is the student... even though Kerman is pretty much on level ground with Cutler now. Anyway... this is an excellent record and it holds the mantle of RIO high in the sky! Great stuff!
| 4/5 |