Fripp And Eno - Evening Star CD (album) cover

EVENING STAR

Fripp And Eno

Progressive Electronic

himtroy
5 stars This album is in my opinion the perfection of ambient music. I like all of Fripp and Eno's collaborations, but this one has much more of a sense of direction in my mind. They have clearly taken the tape loops concept to another level here, as parts fade in and out sometimes in phase with each other, sometimes not. Which creates awesome textures and landscape effects. This album has a way about it that puts me in kind of trance, and just think endlessly. The first two tracks are amongst the most beautiful music I've ever heard, giving the impression of...well wind and water...gazing out over the ocean. An Index of Metals is easily my favorite track on the album. Many seem to not like it for some reason unapparent to me. It's ambient in more of a dark scary kind of way, very powerful to me. People criticize it's length, which really makes no sense to me as this is the kind of album you'd be listening straight through anyway. Whats the difference if its a bunch of short tracks continuing into each other or a few longer tracks?

Out of the four Fripp and Eno albums I have (three studio, one live) this one is my favorite. I've over listened to it since it was the first I had, but it remains my favorite ambient album of all time.

himtroy | 5/5 |