Tisaris - The Power of Myth  CD (album) cover

THE POWER OF MYTH

Tisaris

Antonio Giacomin
3 stars TISARIS ? The Power Of Mith

Here we come to the end of Tisaris┤s trilogy. This is a three star album, but not for the same reasons of their first What┤s Beyond. They are now mature as musicians; it was clear when we see how much the second Once Humanity is improved if compared to the first one. But in this last one the band seems and sounds tired. I also see a kind of haste to complete their job, to complete the task of three excellent progressive albums. That can be explained maybe for the pressures of modern life or maybe for the difficulties of living from non commercial music - although excellent in quality, we all know how rich progressive music is - as well as perhaps for the need to search for new life projects. All those aspects could have decreased their art energy available for The Power Of Mith. Maybe this is why it is not so consistent as the superb Once Humanity.

Of course this is a personal opinion. Even not showing an evolution when compared to the previous work, The Power Of Mith ends Tisaris┤s adventure in a very appropriate way. Their overall work is worth a careful listening. It is not a single album effort, but instead, they are three consistent albums, with one of them clearly above the average. I was very lucky to be in touch with their music; and it is easy to recommend them - mainly their master effort Once Humanity - to progressive fans.

Antonio Giacomin | 3/5 |