Renaissance - Dreams & Omens  CD (album) cover

DREAMS & OMENS

Renaissance

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars My relationship with Renaissance can only be described as the relationship between a dog and sausages. In other words, I love them.

........ Although my love for them is put on trial on this live album. A live album from 2008 containing some live tracks from 1978 from a gig in the USA. My love for them is mostly based on their longer tracks where the tangents get free reign in a combination with Annie Haslam's fantastic voice. She is probably the best vocalist prog rock has ever witnessed.

........ Those long tracks is mostly omitted from this album. This live album is mostly based on shorter vocals based tracks and does not really proves why the rest of the band is such a great band. Hence, I am drinking this album in.......... but I am still thirsty.

But the quality is good throughout. That also goes for the sound quality. There is nothing wrong with this album. But there is nothing great on this album too. It is just a run through of their more shorter songs and a forewarning of things to come.

3 stars