Darkwater - Calling the Earth to Witness CD (album) cover

4 stars STOP!This a pure prog metal bomb,an album that it's impossible to let without reaction even the most pretentious metal,prog metal lover!This debut album for this SWEDES is trully impressive!The high level of musicianship and the so clever and mature musical structures for the album ..WOW!!!I am really blown away!I didn't expect to find such a great album and that';s why my reaction is so positive!We find here everything what we are looking for about a good prog metal album-great imagination,crunchy guitars and aggressive keys parts-slow moments followed by an avalanche of notes and rhythms and overall a fantastic impressive and expressive vocalist!The technical level is so impressive and the vocalist is more then excellent!Great technical chops and changing rhythms...sensational!The production is wonderful and all the tracks of the album are pretty long but without any second to have the feeling of boredom or lack odfinspiration!!!AU CONTRAIRE!A wonderful album, a musical pearl for all good music lovers in the prog metal genre!We wait the second album for years already!I am sure we won't be dissapointed!4.5 STARS for a sensational prog metal album!
Ovidiu | 4/5 |