Ciccada - A Child in the Mirror CD (album) cover

A CHILD IN THE MIRROR

Ciccada

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
5 stars And now some tunes in Greece style. I'm always keen on finding national elements in music. When you have Prog music (style I'm interested in last few years) from let's say Israel, you can be sure that there will be some "own" elements, like Folklore. In US/UK music, it's mostly non- present, as it has diminished over the years (remaining only in Prog Folk).

A Child In The Mirror isn't Folk, yet there are some elements that I would say that draws influence from rich Greece history. And believe me, they have very interesting one.

Extremely melodic (mellow), pleasant (this kind of flute used helps here) with some heavier (darker) moments that counterweights calmness (like in Gryphon's Chess epic work, which this reminds me probably most). There's also a little bit of Karda Estra (at least their latest work). Woman vocals are fine, Evangelia Kozoni is doing great job (again, she reminds me someone, but I'm not sure who).

5(-), the album is what cover art suggest. Nice and optimistic thoughts involving.

Marty McFly | 5/5 |