Nemrud - Journey of The Shaman CD (album) cover

JOURNEY OF THE SHAMAN

Nemrud

Psychedelic/Space Rock

cavallo
5 stars I must say this has to be possibly one of the best albums I have ever heard. As a debut album, it contains a great variety of styles and sort of blending them together to create a spacey and experimental kind of style. The bands influences and the variety of styles give it a unique style, bringing to the table one of the best albums of space rock. The record starts off (Part I) with a spacey sounding with string guitar, which is a very relaxing way to start the album. After a few minutes the proper song begins. Main riff welcomes you after 6 minutes, remind me Early Eloy and Pink Floyd sound. I like to way it ends... The Second Part, away of changing moods and styles but keeping them on the same spacey page. The song that most caught my attention was oriental guitar riff and moog solo.

Last part is sound very unique, same guitar riff shows different face of the melody and that's why I believe that this is the best track on the album. Compared to other songs on the album.

Stunning and beautiful debut by one of the most talanted modern prog bands. Highly recommended to fans of Pink Floyd and Eloy.

Five stars !!!