Unitopia - Artificial CD (album) cover

ARTIFICIAL

Unitopia

arcane-beautiful
5 stars Wow, I knew this was going to be good, but I didn't expect it to be thaat good.

This album suprised me very much.

Continuing the modern prog way of having a big long song, with the Artificial suite being near 50 minutes. The bonus tracks are also pretty amazing as well, and just make the album that more enjoyable.

I also had had odd conversations with these guys on Facebook, crazy odd Australians.

I. Suffocation - Great intro with a nice percussive build up. 8/10

II. Artificial World - Very Marillion. Amazing chorusd and great vocals from Mark. 10/10

III. Nothing Lasts Forever - An amazing piece of music. Very Beatles influenced (it even mentions them in the chorus. Spectaculaire instrumental work. 10/10

IV. Not Human Anymore - Another great chorus with some kick ass riffs. Pretty epic ending. 9/10

V. Tesla - The intro sounds like an Alan Parsons moment. The chorus is odd, but I love it. The instrumental sections build up to amazing climaxes and show a lot of virtuosity. The string sections are very beautiful. 10/10

VI. Reflections - A beautifull prog ballad. 10/10

VII. The Power Of 3 - Sounds like something from Final Fantasy. Amazing composition. Very beautiful. 10/10

VIII. Rule Of 3's - Love the lyrics. Amazing instrumental work. 10/10

IX. Gone In The Blink Of An Eye - Great chorus. The saxophone solo sounds like a cheesy 80's theme. 9/10

X. The Great Reward - Beautifull ending. Very epic and a great vocal performance. Again, very Marillion. 10/10

11. What Kind Of World? - A beautifull epic song. Quite dramatic with some amazing instrumental work. 10/10

12. This Time, I Think We Got It Right - Very lo fi, almost like lounge jazz. 9/10

13. Relative To Me - Sounds like Bjork. Again very lo fi. Nice chorus. 8/10

CONCLUISON: A definite for album of the year.

arcane-beautiful | 5/5 |