Rush - Power Windows CD (album) cover

POWER WINDOWS

Rush

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars My first Rush album and one of my first ventures into Prog territory. I remember that 27 months ago, when I was first listening it, I didn't like it that much. This is one of the very first albums with which I started. I was looking on wikipedia's page about Anti-War songs and Manhattan Project was the track.

I eventually started to like it quite a lot.

Lyrically, this album is very high. Targeting serious topics (nothing like Yes lyrics here and not Zepelinesque as debut album's words), it's not bad musically too. The point is that Rush were never so bad (they don't have "depth" from which they would leap to the (if not) top, or simply higher. It's half caused by the fact that they simply started later than other groups (in early 70s rather than in late 60s) and lasted longer, but it's also caused by their relatively consistent quality.

Flow of songs here is interesting, there's probably no weak track as well (maybe the worst would be Middletown Dreams - I'm glad that we don't have this kind of suburbs in Czech Republic, one house looking exactly like another, in perfectly designed row), even it's not as good as their top albums (Moving Pictures to name one) and I'm aware of that difference.

4(+), that's it.