Shub-Niggurath - Les Morts Vont Vite CD (album) cover

LES MORTS VONT VITE

Shub-Niggurath

Zeuhl

toroddfuglesteg
5 stars There is beauty in darkness.

When I am asked the question "what is the most extreme music in the world", I always point them in this direction and towards this band. The opening minutes of this album, the song called Incipit Tragaedia, is enough to scare the sanity out of most people. At the same time, this song is also beautiful. Herein lays the essence of this album.

Atonal melody lines is the bedrock this album is built upon. The mostly atonal vocals by Ann Stewart is supported by the mostly atonal guitars from Franck Fromy. This is again supported by the very impressive thundering bass from Alain Ballaud. But most impressive of all is Michel Kervinio's drumming. All this is supplemented by trombone and tangents. In short, the recipe of Dante's Inferno. Something it is not meant to be. According to Franck Fromy, this is a kind of a romantic album, playing with the abyss. OK..........

The result is a masterpiece and an essential album in my record collection. I find it flawless in it's creativity and in it's deliverance. It is an album much more in common with Richard Wagner and classical music than rock music. It is one of the most ultimate expression of esoteric, dark music. It is darker than all black metal albums put together. This is to me the ultimate Zeuhl and RIO album.

In short, a masterpiece.