Yes - The Yes Album CD (album) cover

5 stars This is the album where Yes really became the band they had always dreamed of.

With lengthy compositions and amazing song structures, this album is really where classic Yes had begun to grow.

Overall, this album is just perfect in every way, with no real flaws, making it a real prog gem, and a definite masterpiece.

1. Yours Is No Disgrace - Amazing rhythmic intro. The vocal harmonies are great and the instrumental work is really the glittery glue that holds it all together. 10/10

2. Clap - Chickman (Steve Howe) showing us what his claws can do. 9/10

3. Starship Trooper - One of my all time favourite Yes songs. The real gem is the end instrumental. Wow, very epic indeed. 10/10

4. I've Seen All Good People -A folk like song about chess. The arrangement is very beautiful 10/10

5. A Venture - A very underlooked Yes song in my opinion. Great chorus and some fantastic melodies presented. 10/10

6. Perpetual Change - A very jazz based song with some phenomanal instrumental work. 9/10

CONCLUSION: This is where it began. Revel in the joy it brings.

arcane-beautiful | 5/5 |