Yes - Close To The Edge CD (album) cover

CLOSE TO THE EDGE

Mystery
5 stars Yes's hailed masterpiece: Close to the Edge. Even reviewers deemed this album perfect, and I can't disagree. This was my second Yes album, and it helped me fully appreciate the band. Listening to this album for some is more like a religious experience really.

I cannot really find a single flaw with the album; all 3 of the tracks are outstanding, with top-notch musicianship, emotion, and even complex passages. There truly are no blemishes on this.

Jon Anderson sings his lines with passion, Howe plays some addicting guitar parts, Squire has some catchy bass lines, Bruford's drumming perfectly complements the music, and Wakeman's keyboard work is beautiful and not at all overdone.

With only 3 songs, one bad track could detract from the entire package, but that's not the case with this. I find each of them offers variety and is done nearly perfectly. This is definitely a prog classic.

Mystery | 5/5 |