Grand Stand - In the Middle, On the Edge CD (album) cover

Grand Stand

4 stars My first reaction listening this album was "If I wouldn't know the realisation date, I would believe this is a 70's band". There's a vintage taste in the music, remembering specially some old Genesis style, and some (few) neo prog influences too, but Swedish Grand Stand debut album is a real interesting work. Looking at the same country bands, we can't take the melancholic sounds of Anglagard or Sinkadus like reference, because here we have a most "happy" feeling like, i. e., the classic band Atlas. Nevertheless, there's a high sense of melody, making "In the Middle, On the Edge" an enjoyable effort. If not the better Scandinavian band, well worth a listen.
Marcelo | 4/5 |