Yes - Close To The Edge CD (album) cover

CLOSE TO THE EDGE

arcane-beautiful
5 stars It took me ages to scroll down after all these reviews.

Well this is another one of those critically acclaimed albums that reallydoes live up to it's standars.

This is the it the big one, my personal Yes albums, and would go to say it is one of the best albums ever made. With only 3 vast epic songs, this album really does hold alot of influence, mainly improv and jazz, but molding it to make top class compositions.

Each song being indredibly different, but still encapsulating every thing great about Yes.

1. Close To The Edge - One of the most epic songs ever made. With the craziness of the intro, and the power of the chorus, the haunting I Get Up, I Get Down, and the fantastic organ work from Mr. Wakeman, and the epic ending, and alot of bird noises. Just perfection, in 18 minutes. One of the greatest pieces of music ever made. 11/10 (yes, it is possible)

2. And You & I - A nice folk acosutic based song, but with an added prog fire. Beautifully crafted, almost symphonic like. 10/10

3. Siberian Khatru - It's funk, without generally being funky. Amazing song, with instrumental work from the gods. Just perfection really. 10/10

CONCLUSION: THIS IS ONE OF THE GREATEST ALBUMS EVER MADE. YOU SHOULD ALREADY HAVE IT!!!

arcane-beautiful | 5/5 |