Grobschnitt - Rockpommel's Land  CD (album) cover

ROCKPOMMEL'S LAND

Grobschnitt

Elveeye
4 stars I didn't notized for a long time that the band "Grobschnitt" exists and never geard of an album called "Rockpommel's Land". Than, one day, I saw a review here of this album and I reminded seeing this cover on a wallpaper with famous prog-albums like "Dark Side of the Moon", "Fragile" or "Selling England by the Pound". So I wondered why this album was on this wallpaper but not on the Top-250-list on PA.

I thought to myself this album can't be bad when it is on this wallpaper with famous albums so I listened to it.

Thanks god!

This album is one of this which let you smile while listening. It is a wonderful symphonic-prog-album with typical spheric and atmospheric symphonic moments. "Rockpommels Land" is not very complex and ideal for prog-newcomer ("What? You don't know what prog-rock is? Listen to this album"). Maybe it's not perfect and has some dull moments, especially in the last track ("Rockpommels land"). But it's all in all a wonderful album which you should listen to.

Elveeye | 4/5 |