Il Cerchio d'Oro - Il Viaggio di Colombo CD (album) cover

IL VIAGGIO DI COLOMBO

Il Cerchio d'Oro

Rock Progressivo Italiano

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars There is not much I can and want to add to the other reviews, made by the RPI experts here in ProgArchives. But as a non-expert on RPI, I will just write some words about this album.

This is the ultimate album (so far) from a band who started up in the 1970s, but who did not unleash their full potential before the release of this album. Although this album was released two years ago, the sound is very much 1970s RPI. File this album under RPI's 1970s albums.

The sound is vintage with moog, hammonds and guitars. Osanna and Biglietto is two good reference points. The vocals is excellent too. My gripes is the lack of some really great songs here. The album is ticking along nicely and the material is good throughout. But it never rises above "nice listening". I like this album for it's vintage sound, but less for the songs. Still, it is worth considering for those of us into RPI.

3 stars