Frank Zappa - Hot Rats CD (album) cover

Frank Zappa

3 stars Since I ever heard only a couple of countless Zappa albums I cannot consider myself an expert, but this one is really good, in particular for those who like jazz fusion. My favourites are "Peaches en Regalia" and "Willie the Pimp", the latter being the only vocal track on the album, sung by Captain Beefheart and with an unimaginably long guitar solo. However the remainder may sound a bit monotonous for uninitiated listeners, with lenghty instrumental sections, albeit perfectly played by Zappa, Underwood, Ponty and others. I am no fan of jazz-rock fusion, hence I am not giving more than this mark.
Seyo | 3/5 |