Picchio Dal Pozzo - Abbiamo Tutti I Suoi Problemi CD (album) cover

ABBIAMO TUTTI I SUOI PROBLEMI

Picchio Dal Pozzo

Canterbury Scene

toroddfuglesteg
4 stars Less Canterbury, more avant-garde.

This is the first thing that strikes me with this album. This, their second album, is also far less (musically) accessible than their debut album. It starts with some really good jazz tunes before the middle part goes Frank Zappa and Henry Cow with some avant-garde jazz/rock and vocal parts. This album ends with some more accessible Canterbury jazz again.

Electric guitars has got a more prominent role on this album than expected on a Picchio Dal Pozzo album. The woodwinds is still the dominant instruments here in addition to bass and drums. But the guitars gives the material more colors and that's a good thing. The vocals too is pretty strange and adds colors to this album.

I am not denying that I am rather hypnotized by Picchio Dal Pozzo's sound and music. That's a sign of excellent music in most people's mind. I am no different. I find tracks like Mettiamo Il Caso, Strativari, I Problemi Di Ferdinando P., Moderno Ballabile and Uccellin Del Bosco fascinating. The rest of the album is great too. But those tracks are brilliant.

This album is not perfect, but it is pretty close to being one. This album is captivating me and I am in awe of it and the ones who created it. I therefore highly recommend it.

4 stars