The Mars Volta - De-Loused In The Comatorium CD (album) cover

The Mars Volta

Tonny Larz
5 stars I was very nervous, entering this much" talked about" cd....Mars Volta,the..... as this kind of music "normally" do not find kind words by me!! But...HEY..i was surprised.. and that in a big way....."Son et lumiere" starts this rather special album..with power and brilliance...i was actually knocked down by its sheer voluminous power!! Dear reader...i dare you to...tell me..ANY... band that sounds remarkably like this!!?? Im totally blown away... by its sheer exuberance and their expertly handling of music.. in a totally different way....from that of the ordinairy prog society!! Yes i know...big words big time...but hey...this is (Prog) music like youve NEVER heard before!!! The story in this extremely well told (musically and lyrically) is about a guy ..whos in a coma...dreaming strange things....waking up....taking yourself a favour buy the damn thing......this is a story that you dont hear everyday!! That goes for the music too.......if you find a GEM...keep it!!! Im absolutely astounded by this album..........5 stars of course!!!! .. and while im at it...a fellow reviewer recently stated that there were far to many 5 star reviews in here...but hey...its a free forum..and as such...i think, that its still is up to every man (ear/eye) phrase/tell us ..what he/she thinks and by way of the rating us through their thoughts....some might give 5 stars others give 2... the 5 to zero system is quite adequate.....after all..we are only (prog) people!!

Tonny Larz | 5/5 |