The Spacelords - The Spacelords CD (album) cover

The Spacelords

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Forum & Site Admin Group
4 stars A chance encounter with The SPACELORDS, a German Space Rock outfit.

I've found their album occasionally just the moment I caught a glimpse of BTF (an Italian independent label) website. Felt some mysterious attraction for psychedelically colourful image and their cataleptic appearance in their album sleeve, and been more and more immersed deeply into their MySpace samples ...

Anyway, their sounds can be called as a simple and "refined" Space Rock I suggest. A Space Rock pioneer Hawkwind have played more "earthly-smelled" sounds indeed, but as to these Lords, smarter and more delightful tunes with up-beat and danceable tempo can come to our ears directly (listen to the sixth track "Cruising" with bird-twittering, charming drum sounds, and light-guitar-touches). We can feel so especially in the latter part of "Wahwah" (very impressive and is the wah-wah guitar solo), or the following song "Manamba" (Reinhold's energetic flute is very spacey and spicy). Forgive me but as honestly I say, particularly Marcus' fine drumming and Reinfold's flute are my favourites. Well Matthias' guitar is rumbling this ground like shock waves in "Apeman". In "Slowdown" are a slow but hard guitar solo and drumming that can beaten us completely. On the contrary, Oriental percussive sounds and bubbling howling guitar noises give a definitive atmosphere in "Golfstrom". "Janakpur" the last and longest one, is very very impressing with tragic guitar and flute solos, eccentric drumming, and deep bass sounds ... exactly suitable for the show ending.

Cataleptic appearance and cataleptic (and seriously strict) sounds ... cannot disappoint you really.

DamoXt7942 | 4/5 |