Neal Morse - Sola Scriptura CD (album) cover

SOLA SCRIPTURA

Neal Morse

octopus-4
5 stars I heard discussions about the religious contents of Neal Morse's music, but I think that when one listens to a love song, he can appreciate it even if he doesn't love the same woman or man, so even if I'm atheist, I'm not disturbed by the religious contents of Neal Morse's songs, until he's honest and I think he is.

Said so, Sola Scriptura is not a collection of religious hymns. It's a real concept album that uses Luther to speak about religion. This makes it interesting under all the aspects.

But this album contains before anything else, everything a progressive fan looks for: two long epics made of several different sections from folk to prog-metal very well played and arranged, a serious concept and long instrumental passages, even if some of them were already used by him with Spock's Beard, so I felt like I've already listened to them and in some cases I was expecting exactly the same melody but it was a little different.

The two epics, are great. The Door is a masterpiece, but also the two "short" songs (if a 15 minutes song can be called short") are above the average.

This is one of the albums I'm listening to more often and I can't rate it less than 5 stars.

octopus-4 | 5/5 |