Peter Baumann - Romance '76 CD (album) cover

Peter Baumann

Progressive Electronic

Chris S
2 stars I spent many years procrastinating on getting Romance 76' . I like his follow up Trans Harmonic Nights better only because it was a pleasant progressive electronic album with very nice production and sound, especially the vinyl from Virgin, so I thought as this was released earlier and being his debut it would be more abstract and obscure. Well unfortunately it is neither and largely a poor album. I can see perhaps why he parted ways with TD as his music always hinted at more commercia,l even disco electronic sounds, reference the similar yet awful Romanelli from the early 80's. In terms of highlights on this album not many but would single out the second side " Meadow of Infinity" if for nothing else for extended sound sequencers and some unpredictable soundscapes. A major disappointment and I should have stayed with my gut instincts of procrastination. For collectors only.
Chris S | 2/5 |