King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King CD (album) cover

King Crimson

2 stars Well... This album seems to be the mother of all prog-albums. And I am a big Crimson fan. Still... I never play this album. Off course, I love the opening track. But I can listen to it when I play the USA album. And the rest of the album? I don't know. Moonchild is ok. Maybe it's the mellotron, I have nothing against this instrument but there is just to much of it! And I really don't like I talk to the wind, too ballad for me! I understand the importance of this album, it was something completely new at the time, and therefore I'll give it and extra star but I really prefer the eighties Crim and the bruford/Wetton lin- up and even the Lizard album. Sorry.
Luc | 2/5 |