Symphony X - The Divine Wings Of Tragedy CD (album) cover

THE DIVINE WINGS OF TRAGEDY

Symphony X

Mystery
5 stars This, in my opinion, is Symphony X's opus. I've always loved Thomas Miller's bass work, and on this album (and the other ones on which he's featured), the bass has a very prominent and enchanting role. Michael Romeo, who is actually my favorite guitarist, plays very technically, yet not in a way that's overdone. Allen always has been a fantastic singer, and his vocals on this album are no exception.

The Divine... begins with Of Sins and Shadows, which has a fairly heavy riff until transitioning into Allen's vocal parts. The keyboard/guitar solos in the bridge are amazing and technical. Then comes Sea of Lies, a fairly fast song with one of my all-time favorite guitar solos.

The other songs range from excellent to masterful, especially The Accolade and the 20 minute title track. This album definitely is one of the gems of prog metal; there is no filler at all.

Mystery | 5/5 |