Yellow Magic Orchestra - Xoo Multiplies CD (album) cover

Yellow Magic Orchestra

Progressive Electronic

3 stars What the??? After the expected electronic synth openers I'm exposed to some totally bizarre and somewhat disturbing spoken comedy.

Not to worry... things kick off again with 'Tighten Up ' which should bring a smile to the most miserable of faces, this time there's added female vocals to boot.

Uh-oh... we're back with another spoken word bit from the 'Snakeman Show'. Now this one is too weird to be funny. I wonder if it got lost in translation between Japanese and English? All this talk of 'yellow pigs and small cocks' leaves me a bit uneasy to tell you the truth. Maybe we Brits just have a different sense of humour.

A strange little album which is alternately upbeat, juxtaposed with the spoken word awkwardness of 'Snakeman Show'.

Another criminally short album which barely breaks 29 minutes.

Dobermensch | 3/5 |