Talking Heads - Remain In Light CD (album) cover

Talking Heads

5 stars I can't add much more to what Bonnek and Rune2000 have said about this album. When I was introduced to it by a friend (with whom I had formed a friendship over our common adoration of a new group/album called "U2 'Boy'"), it was so far out of my familiar/comfort zone that it took me several listens to start 'hearing' the music--and the genius. (Much like my current-day associations with bands like AFTER CRYING, FROMUZ, and Toby Driver's projects.) I remember hearing about "The Great Curve" having been written around Adrien Belew's odd-yet-stunning guitar solo. I remember being overwhelmed by all of the layers--so much action/activity going on. But I also know that "Remain in Light" has been on my constant playlist--has remained a constant favorite--ever since. It's innovation and genius never fail to bring smiles and goosebumps. "The Great Curve" ("the world moves on a woman's hips"!), "Listening Wind" ("Mo-JHEEK"), "Cross-eyed and Painless" ("I'm a government man") and the amazing "The Overload" are timeless masterpieces--as is the whole album! Another triumph for the genius of Brian Eno!
BrufordFreak | 5/5 |