Ange - Au-Delà Du Délire CD (album) cover

AU-DELÀ DU DÉLIRE

Ange

Dobermensch
4 stars I haven't the foggiest idea what' this guy's singing at me but this is a very good album. I love the fact that it's sung in French and not English. That's the problem with Krautrock albums . It sounds SO corny when Europeans translate into English.

An enigmatic vocalist named Eric Bibonne who gives it everything he can muster really lifts this record to heights that otherwise would be left floundering. That, coupled with perfectly suited keyboards and a wide variety of instruments and good tunes, make this an excellent album.

If you want prog, then this is one of the proggiest albums I've reviewed. That's the problem with me and this website - I don't review a record on it's merits of being 'progressive rock' - just how much I like it . Anyway 'Au delà du Délire' sounds like a much more adventurous French Genesis / Marillion. Really good and quite unlike any other prog band I've heard, mainly due to the strong vocals.

There's something funny going on here - I'm giving too many French artists high ratings!

Dobermensch | 4/5 |