Algernon - Ghost Surveillance CD (album) cover

GHOST SURVEILLANCE

Algernon

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars This album is a difficult one.

The difficulty comes in the way it is built as a journey from A to Z. The A being melodic to Z being impenetrable avant garde post rock.

Let's start with A. The music starts with some pretty cool jazzy melodies and moods before some melodramatic stuff comes in. G stands for Germany and K for Krautrock. S stands for symphonic prog. Yes, what a journey this is. Sorry, we lost some tea towels at E so we have to go back to E for Eclectig Prog again and then travel to F for Fusion and then onwards to P for Post Rock. We complete the journey at Z for avant garde noisy post rock.

That's this album in a nutshell. The problem with it is the lack of great songs throughout. Most of the album is very cool and enjoyable. Then it nosedives into impenetrable post rock and I am am jumping of this bus and takes the first bus back to A again and then the first plane out of this country. I am afraid this is nothing more than a good album for me. If the quality of first 20 minutes had been repeated at the end, I would had been a fan of this album. Sorry.

3 stars