Maxophone - Maxophone CD (album) cover

MAXOPHONE

Maxophone

Rock Progressivo Italiano

toroddfuglesteg
4 stars Many words has been written about this album by far smarter persons than myself. Hence, I will be pretty brief in my own review.

It is no doubts that this band has had a few listening sessions to Genesis first six albums. A couple of jazz and Italian folk music records must also have found their way to a record player in the vicinity of their ears. The result is this album.

Maxophone's take on RPI is therefore a pretty sound one. It has all the right ingredients. That include some very good vocals, a both rampant and a pastoral use of the tangents and some superb guitar works. Add the usual excellent bass and drums to the mix and you get Maxophone. The lyrics is in Italian and that adds the right spices to this album. This album is a lush RPI album, in other words.

This album takes time to warm up my heart strings to the right temperature. I did not get it at all during the first four-five listening sessions. But I started to get it and the melodies started to make sense in a nonsensical way. Hence, I now really love this album. It does not have any stand out tracks though. But many of the melody lines here are really superb. And so is this album in general. This is another great RPI album, well worth the effort.

4 stars