Dream Theater - Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence  CD (album) cover

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
5 stars And experimental review number two:

5(+) ...

Indeed, because side two (well, in my opinion, this could have been done as 80 minutes CD with a little bit of editing, even deleting 16 minutes would probably hurt - OK, bad idea) is simply perfect. This is exactly the song (I've first listened it as one big epic song on Score CD) that got me into Progressive music. There is simply everything (maybe you've heard it too much [this phrase], but this is the best description of this music, from classical-like intro, to Rocking 2nd part, to short and long hell (3rd - straighforward, yet thrilling, 4th - complex), then sudden change to ballad-like (tear inducting) 5th that has strong melody part, 6th acoustic guitar one (with overlapping to other genres of course), 7th, boosted up reprise and also grand finale (hello Octavarium).

The rest of songs are very good in my opinion (I used to skip them just to hear SDoIT, but not anymore, once I understood how good they can be, the bad thing is that they're simply overshadowed by epic of epics - epic that really works, that is maintaining quality and melodicity). This is top for me.

Irrelevant note: I used to attract girls to come and listen this wonderful music with me. With moderate success.

/chaotic review