Dream Theater - Octavarium CD (album) cover

OCTAVARIUM

Dream Theater

trinidadx13
4 stars 8variums.

Well, I really hate most of the songs on this album. That being said I will only review 4 songs.

1. I WALK BESIDE YOU: This is by far Dream Theaters worse song. At first I thought it was a parody but the lyrics are too cheesy to even be a joke. DT playing Coldplay like songs...how frightening.

2. THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL: This one broke the trend of good AA suite songs.

3. THESE WALLS: Well, 1 of 2 songs from this album that I actually like. Great Intro and an awesome keyboard melody by Ruddess. Chorus is really catchy.

4. OCTAVARIUM: The 2nd of song I enjoy from this album and this one is an awesome epic masterpiece. One of DTs best songs. Begins with an amazing Haken continuum solo and lap steel guitar solo by Ruddess that last about 4 minutes. Extremely ambient and quite relaxing. Then comes the acoustic guitar which is crisp and superb. The song like many other epics builds up and the hits you with a smashing crescendo, then comes the awesome solo, and then ends in an epic and memorable way.

This album is a lot like TARKUS. Tarkus has a title track that's an awesome epic while the other songs don't need to be listened to. Also, this album (like TARKUS) is saved by it's epic title tracks!!!!!

Overall a 4 because of Octavarium