Magma - Mëkanïk Dëstruktïẁ Kömmandöh CD (album) cover

MËKANÏK DËSTRUKTÏẁ KÖMMANDÖH

Magma

Zeuhl

SaltyJon
5 stars Hello ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the "official" beginning of Zeuhl. While Magma's first two albums showed sure hints and signs of what it would sound like, this album is where it really came into being. It didn't come in softly and quietly, rather choosing to thunder through the gates proclaiming "Here I am!". Right from the beginning of the album - booming, pulsating drums and bass, and those ever-enchanting Kobaïan vocals. Stella and the rest of the female vocalists finally took part in the album, and it makes a great difference. Combine that with the new bassist, a certain Jannick Top, and the keyboards and the horn section, and we've got a wonderful formula for success here. Words can't quite describe what an ear-opening, mind-opening album this was for me. From first listen, I was enchanted. I knew that this band was just what I'd been looking for since I first started to really appreciate music. This album, as my first venture into Magma territory, is the album which is responsible for my fanatic love and adoration for this band which will surely last until I die. Christian Vander's music is so wonderful...yes, it's bombastic, yes, it's bizarre...it's also beautiful, unique, haunting, and (dare I say it?) unparalleled by just about any other music we know about.

While this isn't my favorite Magma album anymore, it's still one of their most powerful works, and it will always be positively adored by me. It is definitely in my top ten studio albums by any artist. I think my rating should be clear enough - one of the easiest, most instinctive five star albums I've had the pleasure of listening to.

SaltyJon | 5/5 |