Metamorfosi - Inferno CD (album) cover

INFERNO

Metamorfosi

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Dobermensch
3 stars Keyboard and piano driven Italian prog which sports an enticingly obscure and meaningless cover. It's funny, back in the 70's there was a definite sound for each country producing prog. The Italians were lush and smooth with a band number that usually totaled 30. The Germans were rougher and hard with chip on their shoulder, usually comprising four guys, the French were usually keyboard dominated and goofy and the Brits sounded like a combination of all the above.

'Metamorfosi' is all a bit too ELP for my liking. Just as I'm about to get bored with this some nice flute appears followed by a really good tune in 'Spacciatore di droga' - don't ask me to translate - my Italian is rustier than my German...

Credit where credit's due... Inferno had a good strong vocalist in Jimmy Spitaleri. I have to say though, in 40 years I ain't ever heard of an Italian called Jimmy. What's the hell's going on there?

To my ears it's all a bit repetitive, but at least there's no guitars for a change. Not bad, a straight three stars.

Dobermensch | 3/5 |