Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced CD (album) cover

Jimi Hendrix

Proto-Prog

Bonnek
Prog Metal Team
3 stars Libraries have been written about this man and hours of rockumentaries keep being broadcasted on TV, so I'll keep it very short. This album boasts a series of genius psychedelic blues-rock classics that sum up the essence of what rock n roll is about: sex! So, contrary to the early Prog that tried to make rock for the brain by adding classical and jazz influences, this album sticks to the essence and goes straight for your lust centers.

This is artist is a chunk of testosterone that reaches it's zenith in a live context. On his studio albums there are always lesser known tracks that I would dare to consider 'filler'. There are also some well-known ones that have been overplayed a bit. Especially the 17-track expanded cd-edition gives a lot to wade through. This brings me to a 3 star conclusion. It doesn't do justice to the stellar music that lies scattered here but as an album that's as far as I can go. Save your money for his live albums!

Bonnek | 3/5 |