Magrathea - Legends CD (album) cover

5 stars The third album of the English band MAGRATHEA "Legends" (2004), presents a much lighter sound than previous "Entrophy" (1999) (that I consider more in the style heavy-prog), bringing a sonority much moreclose to the symphonic-prog in the "vein" of GENESIS, YES, etc... Maybe such fact is due to two main factors, the change in the line-up of the band of a quartet for a couple Glen Alexander / keyboards, drums, vocals - Gary Gordon / guitars, bass and the lapse of time among the two disks (99/2004). Actually, this change, certainty will please in full the fans of the style in that the band this classified in P A.. The disk brings a certain nostalgic air, in almost all of the tracks, as for instance in the track 3 "Magical Box" (...that name reminds me something...) a mixture of similar themes GENESIS (... Your Special Way..) and YES (... I Get up I Get Down...). I highlight besides the above mentioned track , the track 4 "The Man Who Loved Flowers ", 6 "Brainwashed", 8 "Agoraphobic" and the track 10 "Dreamscape", however the disk all is very good, and it is not a mere copy, in spite of the great influences of the mentioned bands and I believe that it deserved a better quotation in P A. My rate is 5 stars!!!
maryes | 5/5 |