Yes - Talk CD (album) cover

TALK

genbanks
4 stars 4 STARS just because ENDLESS DREAM

Yes, Endless Dream is a masterpiece of modern progressive rock. A 15 minutes epic track which is fantastic, and in my opinion the best progressive track of Yes since Awaken. It has Trevor Rabin as the main songwriter, but I`m not a purist so no problem with this. A track for five stars or even more.

The rest is not prog (maybe some prog-pop sometimes) and have lights and shadows.

The opener (The Calling) is a good track, good melody line and great guitar job. Not prog and maybe pop, but good.

I am waiting is a superb ballad based on a stunning electric guitar motive. Very good

State of Play is another strong and good track. Nothing special but good.

Walls is the pop one. Surely the presence of Hodgson in the songwriting has something to do with the pop feel. Anyway I like this track. Here Anderson is not the main voice.

Real love is a bit mediocre and Where will you be is the weakest by far.

Just because Endless Dream this album is great addition for any progressive rock collection

genbanks | 4/5 |