Crucis - Crucis CD (album) cover

3 stars This is the debut album from this Argentine band who only released two albums. Sadly only two albums, that is.

Crucis is playing a blend of heavy prog and symphonic prog. I find it hard to compare this music to the two standards; Genesis and Yes. Perhaps some ounces of Yes, but no traces of Genesis can be detected here. The tempo is up tempo pretty much throughout. There are a lot of references to RPI throughout this album, though. Biglietto Per Inferno is one of the bands I would mention as a reference. Crucis vocals though is not that good. But the mix of guitars and organs is good. The same goes for the drums and bass.

The quality is good throughout. My main gripe is the lack of any really great tracks. But the music on this album tends to slowly creep up on the listener. I have had ten listening sessions and that is my cut off point on most albums before I write a review.......... what is my point again ?............. Yes, I have yet to find any really great song here even after ten listening sessions. But I reserve my rights to come back and update this review on a later date, after ten more listening sessions and perhaps in ten years time. But this is still a good album, bordering to great. I really like the sound which sometimes reminds me about Carlos Santana too. So if you like prog from South America with this vibe, this album will do it for you.

3.5 stars