Curved Air - Second Album CD (album) cover

SECOND ALBUM

Curved Air

Evolver
Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
4 stars This album shows a step up in the production quality over the first Curved Air album (yes, I have the LPs). The songs are much better recorded and mixed, and the band seems to have developed a bit more cohesiveness in their songwriting Even the laid back Jumbo is a nice tune.

I particularly like Everdance and Back Street Luv both of which I came to know first on their excellent live album. And Piece of Mind, at almost thirteen minutes, is a wonderfully dark prog epic, possible the best song by this band.

My only complaint is the cheesy photo on the inside of the gatefold sleeve, with the band depicted shirtless (with Sonja Kristina - billed as Sonja Linwood - dropped down, so nothing good shows).

Evolver | 4/5 |