Mona Lisa - Le Petit Violon de Monsieur Grégoire  CD (album) cover

Mona Lisa

4 stars In his third studio albun "Le Petit Violon de Monsieur Gregoire" the French band MONALISA seems to me be reached the apex of their creativity, in my opnion only comparable with "Grimaces" 1975 due to the musical style and structural melodies. Presenting besides their dramaticl yrics, (that give opportunity to vocalist Dominique LeGuennec's "deliriums", that screams, laughs, whispers and seems to do a narrative) the disk is filled of beautiful arrangements (including the track 1 "Le Chant des glaces " " track 4 "Solaris" and the track 8 " La machine a theatre " only instrumental tracks), that mix the hard-rock with the symphonic-prog with mastery. I detach the tracks 1, 2 and the title track "Le Petit Violon de Monsieur Gregoire" a musical suite divided in 3 parts (La Folie ) De toute ma haine c) Plus loin vers le ciel (9:00). I still detach the very beautiful cover. My rate is 4 stars!!!
maryes | 4/5 |