Magma - Mëkanïk Dëstruktïẁ Kömmandöh CD (album) cover

MËKANÏK DËSTRUKTÏẁ KÖMMANDÖH

Magma

Zeuhl

snobb
4 stars After two first albums, still heavily influenced by jazz fusion, Magma pushed that component to back stage and just made their most important step - invented Totalitarian Bombastic Dark Teutonic Chamber sound (shorter - zeuhl).

After some line-up changes tribal rhythm section of Vander/Top became absolute leader in band's sound (plus chamber choir as well). Music is complex, well made and really sounds inventive and interesting. Like you that sound or not - it's more question of personal taste. But it happened - first Magma's album of real zeuhl was released.

It is so much written about this album I can's see no reason to go on details. Totally agree (by my head) that this album is one between best Magma's zeuhl releases ever, I (by my heart) just prefer two earlier their albums. Possibly the reason is I have strong allergy to pathetic totalitarism.

Speaking about pure zeuhl, I obviously prefer ecstatic and raw Japanese zeuhl to refined Teutonic Magmian... Still really very strong album though.

snobb | 4/5 |