Dream Theater - Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence  CD (album) cover

Dream Theater

5 stars Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence is proof that Dream Theater is not just "a metal band with progressive tendencies", but a true progressive rock band. I think this 2 disc album is their symphonic masterpiece. On the first disc, I really like the first 3 tracks, and I think the last 2 are ok, but the 2nd disc is really what makes this album so great. The 45 minute Six Degrees suite is, in my opinion, one of the best things Dream Theater has done. Engaging lyrics, epic instrumentation, and balance between heavy and not are what lend to Six Degrees' greatness. Overall, phenomenal album, especially from a prog standpoint.

Rating: 9/10