Le Orme - Uomo Di Pezza CD (album) cover

UOMO DI PEZZA

Le Orme

Rock Progressivo Italiano

friso
4 stars Le Orme - Uomo Di Pezz (1972)

Take some good Italian weather and a great Italian valley panorama, some ELP influences and some perfect crafted melodic song-writing and you'll know what to expect from this great album of Le Orme. This threepiece RPI group, consisiting of keyboards, bass/acoustic guitar, and drums made some of the most accessible yet intelligent symphonic prog from the Italian scene of the seventies. The vocals are are deligthfull, both emotional and authentic. The keys show the bombastic and neo-classical influences like ELP and the bass often joins the melodic section. On some of the songs there's no bass-guitar but a nice acoustic guitar.

All songs are good. Often the instrumental passages with bombastic keys stand out together with the great vocal melodies that evoke quite a lot. In fact, I always feel the urge to sing along allthough I can't speak Italian at all. This album isn't completely perfect though. Some of the moogs are slightly out of pitch ( a lot of us won't be bothered, but I'm a musician myself) and the album is a bit too short with it's 31 minutes. The cover-art is great though and I still hope to find a fold-out vinyl copy of it.

Conclusion. A great Italian sympho-prog album with some crossover moments. The song- writing is very adorable and the atmospheres are great. Four stars!

friso | 4/5 |