The Barstool Philosophers - Sparrows CD (album) cover

The Barstool Philosophers

3 stars I think, when anybody to hear this first CD "Sparrow" of the Dutch band BARSTOOL PHILOSOPHERS, will feel a strong influence of QUEENSRYCHE. Not only for some characteristics of the arrangements but, above all, due to incredible similarity of vocal timbre between Lon Brouwer and Geoff Tate. However the similarity doesn't help a lot to do of this disk a work that I can consider brilliant ! Actually, in spite of considering very good most of the musical themes of the disk, I thought it missed the musicians some daring, mainly in what e concerns to take a risk some solo , be of guitar or keyboard (and when they make, they don't get to escape of the obvious) what does with the disk sounds (in most of Tracks) as a albun solo of his vocalist. I believe that it didn't go that fact the disk could receive a better note than the 3 stars!!!
maryes | 3/5 |