Frogg Cafe - Bateless Edge CD (album) cover

Frogg Cafe

3 stars This is my first encounter with Frog Cafe too. Frogg Caf consists of Bill Ayasse (violin, mandolin, vocals, hand percussion), James Guarnieri (drums, glockenspiel, orchestral percussion), Andrew Sussman (bass, cello, acoustic guitar), Nick Lieto (lead vocals, keyboards, trumpet, flugelhorn), John Lieto (trombone), and features the triumphant return of co-founding member, Frank Camiola (guitar, string bass, banjo) What can I say? I liked very much the opening -"Terra Sancta", the music is beautiful and accessible even if like me you're not a jazz/rock fusion fan. The problem is the rest, 78 minutes is too much for the non fan of this kind of music, because this is not the kind of music that catches you or brings up any emotions and it's not easy to like it even after repeated auditions. Is it a masterpiece? Only time will tell. It may be an excellent addition to any jazz fusion fan collection, for me it remains a good album, no more.
idlero | 3/5 |