Sylvan - Posthumous Silence  CD (album) cover

POSTHUMOUS SILENCE

Sylvan

HotToad5
5 stars It's not like me to mark on my "to do" list, to trip on over to this site and review a release. I mean, I will do it when I'm here looking for new releases and all - but I am here to add my 2 cents concerning Posthumous Silence. I have owned this CD for a couple of years now and listen to it with some frequency. This is a WONDERFUL piece of music. The more I hear it, the more I am drawn into the story, which is one of those rare characteristics of a great progressive work.

It took awhile for me to grow into Posthumous Silence, even though I enjoyed it at my first listen. But like all good musical art, it became more impressive over time. I own several Sylvan releases, but this one tops the list for me. Its symphonic base is excellently written, the lyrics are descriptive and compelling and the musical delivery is spot on. If you enjoy the telling of the story accompanied by excellent compositional delivery, then I strongly recommend you add Posthumous Silence to your musical library!

It isn't some rockin' headbanger progressive craziness or anything fun like that ... so if that is your cup of tea, perhaps you should turn away. But if you are looking for more than that, this is a story in music that should awaken your spirit.

HotToad5 | 5/5 |