Vangelis - Hypothesis CD (album) cover

HYPOTHESIS

Vangelis

ZowieZiggy
2 stars It is quite difficult to tell what I was expecting when I listened to this old chapter of Vangelis recordings. If you're heading to some aerial and spacey tones: you might be surprised (as I was though).

This album is quite jazz improvised, difficult to bear or swallow for anybody looking for some tranquility. Be warned: this ain't anything to do with most of the work from the Greek master. Just some wild imagings of an artist. Mixing a little psychedelia with lots of jazz passages. Part one is totally indigestible as far as I'm concerned.

The problem with a two tracks album is that if the first one isn't any good, the second one must be convincing to recoup somewhat the blunder of the first one. Unfortunately, it is not the case with this album. Not that the second part of this work is not worth; but frankly: I can't consider this as a masterpiece either (far from it actually).

There is no cohesion: some drum solo out of nowhere, some fine organ sections, some improvisations?Not a big deal to be honest. In my books, I can't go over two stars for this "work".

ZowieZiggy | 2/5 |