Emerson Lake & Palmer - Trilogy CD (album) cover

TRILOGY

Emerson Lake & Palmer

unarmedman
4 stars This album is different from the rest of ELP catalog. It doesn´t have de dark ambience of the album that came before (Tarkus) and the full blow orchestral extravaganza from the one that came after (Brain Salad Surgery).

I always looked at this album as transitional for the band, ann that is defenitely not a bad thing. Quite the opposite actually. There's is an aura of tranquility (yes Tranquility) that permeats this record and for that it is a very special record for me. I consider myself lucky to have the original vinyl pressing of this album, and believe me, it is quite different from the CD versions that exist on the market. An exellent album that should be more appreciated than it is.

unarmedman | 4/5 |