King Crimson - Islands CD (album) cover

King Crimson

Billy Pilgrim
4 stars Here we have "Islands" another King Crimson album with an almost completely different lineup than the last one. So once again sounds nothing alike the last album. This one to me is more melody based than jazzy/experimental. So it's a little more acsesable as well. Islands might be a good album to pick up after you have ITCOTCK. It has what could have been a very big radio hit in "Ladies of the Road". The album is very "pretty" sounding if you know what I mean. Very light, and easy to enjoy. My favorite piece is the title track, with Formentera Lady close behind. The glory here is that each track has something to bring to the table. The album would not be the same if it lost any of the pieces which is nice. Islands is a great piece of music and is IMO the second most powerful album in the early era of the band up until Larks.
Billy Pilgrim | 4/5 |