Mago de Oz - Jesús de Chamberí  CD (album) cover

JESÚS DE CHAMBERÍ

Mago de Oz

toroddfuglesteg
2 stars Only an excuse to rock out.

This Spanish band continues from where they left if from their debut album. More rock'n'roll in other words. With the latest event in the metal scene, this music is now called Pirates Metal. There is a huge scene dedicated this type of music now. It is not my type of scene, though.

The music on this album is party rock'n'roll with violins thrown into the usual bass/drums/ guitars/vocals setup. There are also some mandolin and keyboards here. Most of the songs are fast and party like songs. There are even a pretty good ballad included on the album. I feel that the band is evolving on this album to become a more rounded, matured band. But the quality of the songs on this album is not good at all so that is why I am pretty restricted in my sprinkling of stars. But this album proves that there may be hope on their more recent albums.

2.25 stars